HOPE and HELP Resources
Steps to follow if someone is suicidal:
- Don't leave person alone
- Call 911 or take to local Emergency Room (ER)
- Ask if person has taken any alcohol/drugs to overdose.
Burlington/Mercer County Resources:
- Legacy/SCIP Screening and Crisis Intervention Program 1-800-433-7365 a 24 hour hotline for Burlington County providing evaluations 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to individuals experiencing a psychiatric crises or posing danger to self or others.
- New Jersey Hopeline 1-855-654-6735, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
The Hopeline is New Jersey's dedicated in-state peer support and suicide prevention hotline staffed by mental health professionals and peer support specialists 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The service is available to callers of all ages for confidential telephone support (except when a suicide attempt is in progress), assessment, and referral. Crisis chat is also accessible through the website and the service can be reached by texting [email protected]
- Performcare 1-877-652-7624 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Provides youths and their families with the services, resources, tools, and support they need to optimally participate in treatment within their homes, schools, and community settings. PerformCare provides the avenue for families to request clinically appropriate, needs-based services with a single phone call any time of the day or night.
- 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 1-888-222-2228
Accredited by the American Association of Suicidology, 2ND Floor confidentially serves youth and young adults (ages 10 to 24). Youth who call are assisted with their daily life challenges by professional staff and trained volunteers.